- D-Ribose is a naturally occurring five carbon sugar.
- Ribose is used by all the cells of the body and is an essential compound in energy metabolism.
- Ribose is also the carbohydrate backbone of genetic material, DNA and RNA, certain vitamins and other important cellular compounds.
- D-Ribose is made by converting glucose,or corn sugar, into ribose by fermentation processes.
- Previously cited studies show that ribose increases the rate of ATP and energy recovery after strenuous exercise or hard work.
- It is an essential ingredient in stimulating natural energy production.Ribose promotes cardiovascular health, reduces cardiac stress associated with strenuous activity and helps athletes reach new heights, ribose helps hearts and muscles maximize energy recovery.
- Ribose shortens the time needed by heart and muscle tissue to replace energy that is lost through vigorous exercise.
- Ribose increase power and endurance, and reduce fatigue.
- Ribose is safe and increase the effect of creatine.
- Speeds energy recover*
- Increases energy reserves*
- Builds ATP in heart and muscle*
- Relieves post-exertional muscle cramping and soreness*
- Increases athletic performance*
- Increases the hypoxic threshold of tissue*
- Increases cardic effenciency and lowers stress during exercise.*
- Improves physical performance*
- Decreases free radical formation during exercise*
- Pauly DF, CJ Pepine. D-Ribose as a supplement for cardic energy metabolism. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Therapeut, 5(4):249-258, 2000
- Wagner DR, U Gresser, N Zollner. Effects of oral ribose on muscle metabolism during bicycle ergometer in AMPD deficcient patients. Ann Nutr Metab, 35:297-302, 1991
- Zarzecny R, JJ Brault, KA Abraham, CR Hancock, RL Terjung. Influence of ribose on adenine salvage after intense muscle contractions. J Appl Physiol, 91:1775-1781, 2001
- Brault JJ, RL Terjung. Purine salvage to adenine nucleotides in different skeletal muscle fiber types. J Appl Physiol, 91:231-238, 2001
- Gallagher PM, DL Williamson, MP Godard, J Witter, SW Trappe. Effects of ribose supplementation on adenine nucleotide concentration in skeletal muscle following high-intensity exercise. Med Sci Sport Exc,(5 suppl),2001.
- Skadhauge-Jensen L, J Bangsbo, Y Hellsten. Availabillity of ribose is limiting for ATP reynsthensis in human skeletal muscle after high-intensity training. Med Sci Sport Exc, 33(5 suppl), 2001.
- Wagner DR, N Zollner. McArdle’s disease: Successful symptomatic therapy by high dose oral administration of ribose. Klin Wochenschr 69:92, 1991.
- Zollner N, S Reiter, M Gross, D Pongratz, CD Reimers, K Gerbitz, I Paetzke, T Deufel, G Hubner. Myoadenylate deaminase deficiency: Succesful symptomatic therapy by high dose oral administration of ribose. Klin Wochenschr 64:1281-1290, 1986.
- Patten BM. Beneficial effect of D-ribose in patient with myoadenylate deaminase deficiency. The Lancet, May:1071, 1982.
- Williamson DL, MP Goddard, SW Trappe. Effects of ribose supplementation on performance during repeated high-intensity cycle sprints. Med Sci Sport Exc, 33(5 suppl), 2001
- Van Gammeren D, D Falk, J Antonio. The effects of four weeks of ribose supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in healty, young, male recreational bodybuilders: A double-blind, placebo controlled trail Cur Therapeut Res, 63(8):486-495. 2002.
- Seifert JG, A Subudhi, M-X Fu, Kl Riska, JC John. The effects of ribose ingestion on indices of free radiacal production during hypoxic exercise. Free Rad Biol Med, 33(Suppl 1):S269, 2002
- Segal S, J Foley. The metabolism of D-ribose in man, J Clin Invest, 37:719-735, 1958.
- Bierman EL, EM Baker, IC Plough, WH Hall. Metabolism of D-ribose in diabetes mellitus. Diabetes, 19(10):11-16 1970.
- Zimmer H-G, H Ibel. Ribose accelerates the repletation of the ATP pool during recovery from reversible ischemia of the rat myocardium. J Mol Cell Cardiol, 16:963-866, 1984.
Return to DiMaxx Creatine Plus Page
Questions? Email us at questions @ powersupplements.com
Copyright 2007, Power Discovery, LLC
*Please consult with a health care professional before starting any supplementation program.
The information contained on this site is general in nature and PowerSupplements, LLC does not take
any responsibility for any errors that may appear. PowerSupplements, LLC has made every
attempt to make the information as accurate as possible, however, we do not warrant
its accuracy. Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult with your
professional health care provider before changing any medication.
Web Site Designed by Power Discovery. If you have any problems please let us know - firstname.lastname@example.org